Thursday, June 28, 2012

15mm SYW Prussian IR#2

Here are some pictures of Eureka's excellent 18mm Seven Years War figures.  The flags are free from Warflag.com.

My first run at this unit used basing that didn't compact the ranks enough.  I've gone with a denser formation that looks a little more like what a Prussian infantry regiment might look like.  I also was advised that the leibfahn (the white flag) should be to the right of the regimental flag, so there you go.  I plan to paint up one more base for this unit, perhaps with an NCO scowling down the ranks from the edge of the line.





And below, the obligatory close-ups.  The blue is a little bright up close, but I don't think it looks as bright when you look at the units from a proper player's perspective.



 The 2nd IR leaving church.





9 comments:

  1. Thems are purdy. :-) You picked the most expensive SYW figures on the market didn't you! SYW is one of my FAVORITE periods by far. Good luck with the collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are really excellent and worth the money. The "AB" standard for SYW. Maybe I'm saving money with the Warflag flags. A little touch-up paint and they look pretty good. I'm actually buying Blue Moon to start my Napoleonic collection. Great value for the price.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great, Dave. SYW is on my "in my lifetime list", although not sure if I'll ever actually get there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice paint job and nice figures too!

    I have a collection of Eureka Prussians which is still growing myself (my collection not the figures that is). Have you got a particular order of battle in mind? Any cavalry planned?

    Keep it going I'm sure you'll enjoy gaming these figures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm. Those are nice figures, and you've done them justice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm kind of taking it slow on this project. I plan on painting up some Prussians and then doing some Austrians. I'm also fiddling around with Blue Moon's Napoleonic figures. I'm normally a 28mm gamer, but I felt that if I wanted to venture into Napoleonics and Seven Years War, I really needed to try 18mm to increase the maneuver room on my gaming table for the units.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greg and I already have have complete War of Spanish Succession French and Allied armies finished in 6mm. I might have to break them out of their storage and take some pictures of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's funny. When I look at them, up close, I could easily mistake them for 28mm! They have that much detail.

    ReplyDelete